Monday, October 26, 2015

7/2/15
It mattered, didn't it, all
the babies that smiled at me
on the way to Caitlin's place
which is around the corner
from your first apartment

like the fawn that night

and when I got there
I sensed rain and rose my open
hand to the air

I am ready to take whatever comes now
I am ready.



8/15/15
The night a hat gently on my head
this covering more than I ever had

the love flowering from the bones
might just as easily have been worms

this is what it's like to look a thing in its
eye socket

to breathe in the same space you used to fill
      until you no longer did
leaving behind these circuses of air.



8/24/15
Girl, girl. Let your hair down like a veil
Today you are 20
and moving into a dorm room with four girls
and four corners and many tiny white lights



8/30/15
The smell of coffee
up the stairs
my bed a table I lay myself across

and the moon all huge and yellow
and bobbing in the sky

When my bed is not a table
it is a boat
and I am alone in a sea



9/5/15
the little girl through the window
says "he loves me he loves me not
he loves me"



10/24/15
I am very tight inside of myself -
every muscle tuned to the key
of moonlight puddled in a curled leaf

Do not speak, but collect
your words and press
them beneath your tongue
so that I may find them
when I kiss you.



Dates Unrecorded:
to say God and really mean it

Rain raised the river
rain ran to the river

"I was thinking of how I had to break
the binding in order to make the book
lie flat"

No comments:

Followers